(b) Chromosomal aberrations
Figure 1. Examples of natural biosoftware engineering mechanisms. (a) Crossing over, (b) Chromosomal aberrations
Origin of biological information
- Life did not originate as emergent phenomenon from non-living matter.
- A divine software ‘bioprogram’ (the source of biological information on this planet) is supposed to be the driving force behind the organic evolution.
- The origin of species is viewed as the creation of diverse software packages (microbioprograms) from a common bioinformation pool, the bioprogram, through a process of software differentiation.
- The organisms that developed from the microbioprograms are in perfect form and required no intermediate forms.
- Programmed evolution does not assume a common ancestor for all the species.
- Programmed evolution is a deterministic phenomenon. The species so created are in accordance with the divine biosoftware to suit the multifarious purposes for which they are created by Allah.